How to Choose the Right Materials Handling Equipment Supplier
Material handling equipment is essential for any business that needs to move goods and materials around its facility or throughout a warehouse. Whether storing products or loading and unloading semi-trucks, the right equipment can readily improve your operation’s efficiency and ensure your employees have what they need to be productive and, most importantly, safe.
The global material handling market is expected to grow to an over $127 billion industry by 2025. As the market grows, so do the number of material handling equipment companies vying for your business. With so many different suppliers and products on the market, it can be confusing and difficult to know where to start. Rolling ladders, crossovers, swing gates, and pallet racks may be something your business hasn’t had to deal with or think about before. The list of items needed for materials handling equipment may make proper warehouse management a daunting task, but starting with an expert supplier can help ease the burden.
Here are a few tips for choosing the right materials handling equipment supplier:
- Choose a supplier that is an expert when it comes to these products. The supplier you choose should have a deep understanding of the different types of material handling equipment available, as well as the specific needs of your business. They should be knowledgeable about OSHA regulations and help your business meet requirements. They should be able to help you choose the right OSHA-compliant equipment for your needs and budget.
- Access to easy to read information. The supplier you choose should have easy-to-read information about its products, including specifications, features, and pricing. This information should be available on the supplier's website or in its product catalogs.
- Responsive customer service. If you have any questions or problems with your material handling equipment, you need to be able to get help quickly. The supplier you choose should have fast, responsive, and knowledgeable customer service.
- Simple online checkout. Choosing the best material handling equipment for your business can already be a very complex process. Buying equipment can and should be a simple, intuitive process from start to finish.
By making these suggestions a priority in your search, you can be sure you’ll find the right materials handling equipment supplier for your business. Do your research and get information and quotes from multiple suppliers to ensure you don’t end up wasting your time and money on subpar suppliers.
In addition to the factors listed above, you may also want to keep in mind the following when choosing a materials handling equipment supplier:
- The supplier's reputation. Do some research to see what other businesses and customers have to say about the supplier. You can find this information using online reviews, in industry publications, or by talking to other businesses in your industry.
- The supplier's warranty and service policies. Make sure you understand the terms of the supplier's warranty and service policies. This will help you to ensure that you are covered in the event of a problem with your equipment.
- The supplier's location. If you need to return or service your equipment, it is important to choose a supplier that is located near you or has return shipping options and excellent customer service. This will help to minimize the downtime that your business experiences.